Posted by : I AM JANEL Monday, February 11, 2013

Posted by keegan in drawings
On April 18, 2008
Not many people have lost there job more than me this past year. I moved to New York City August 2010. I have worked seasonal, temporary, and contracted jobs, but nothing permanent; not that I have not been looking for a permanent job.  It is just easier to get seasonal work and work from temporary staffing agencies.

Most of the year, I had to work 2 jobs at a time. My contract job as a field agent is stable and pays good for my time and has kept me a float, but it's not enough work in a week to fully support my living expenses. The downside is that it pays 30 days later and twice a month. BOOO!

I am glad my first year an a half in New York was like this because I learned many things from this experience. However, the main thing I learned is that you can always find something else.

Most people don't get upset, because they lost their job. Most people get upset because they lost their income or main source of cash flow. There are a few things you need to remember whether or not you are loosing your job or not.

 Remember:


    1. When a door closes there are so many other doors to open.

    2. Have multiple streams of income; a business on the side or money coming in from a hobby.

    3. There are better opportunities out there. Always be ready for the next opportunity.

    4. Look at your options. You have choices.

    5. Preparation, Preparation, Preparation: Develop and new skill that makes increases your value.
        You don't have to go back to school, necessarily to amp up on new skills.

Support me by joining this blog, sharing my posts with someone you love and re-blogging my post in conjunction with my resource link back to this site.


Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

A Leader is a Symbol of Something Greater

Our Featured Leader Nelson Mandela

Featured Post

- Copyright © I Teach Leaders -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -